The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Hylians are the native race of the land of Hyrule (the inhabitants of which are called Hyrulians). Legend has it that the three goddesses bestowed upon the ancient Hylians the power to hear their words. Present-day Hylians point to this as an explanation of their pointed ears and connection to the Triforce.
Hylians as a people value knowledge and studious, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t more than a few black sheep. Hylians can be found about working on all sorts of projects from carpentry to farming and possessing of all sorts of knowledge from sword techniques to local history. Hylian culture reflects this diversity.
Hylians stand about 5 to 6 feet high with skin varying shades of tan, peach, and brown and nearly any color hair. All Hylians have long ears that point at the end.
Hylians are every other tribe’s nextdoor neighbor, and, as a result, mostlyeverybody deals with them. In the time of a flooded Hyrule, Gorons and Rito worked very much together with Hylians as merchants and communicators, and in the land of Termina, Zora, Gorons, and especially Deku were not uncommon sights in Hylian towns.
Hylians may be found just about any place there is breathable air and water. Termina, Hyrule, Labrynna, Holodrum, and Koholint Isle are a few places they inhabit.
Hylians speak Hylian, but ancient spirits may speak and old manuscripts may be written in ancient Hylian, incomprehensible to most people, who don’t know a word.
Hylian Racial Traits
- +2 to One Ability Score: Hylians are quite adaptable, and suited to a variety of situations.
- Bonus Feat: Hylians receive a single bonus feat at level 1.
- Skilled: Hylians gain an additional skill rank at every level.
- Low-light Vision: Hylians can see twice as far as normal in moonlight, torchlight, candlelight and other similar lighting conditions as normal. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +1 luck bonus on all saving throws: Hylians seem inherently blessed with good fortune.
- +2 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks: Hylians have keen eyes and ears and are almost supernaturally attuned to danger.
- Automatic Languages: Hylian.
- Bonus Languages: Any.